Monday, October 26, 2009

As time goes by...

As time goes by, i find that i've thought more and more about the days after Cana's bday and resurrection day.  What helped to focus so much on that time was my dear friend Nikki was sharing her journey as they prepared for and gave birth to their baby girl Johanna.  Sweet girl lived for 63 minutes and i'm humbled to be walking with them as they journey forward in grief and celebration, sorrow and joy.  I found my heart longs to be received as i reach out to walk with others on the same road we are on.  It offers healing to not only my heart but theirs, i pray.  It's my joy to carry the cross as others have shown us and walked with us.  And it gives me comfort in my own pain, to know God can use us even in our brokenness,..if we LET Him.  And that is when the joy returns.  What a God we serve that gives us a taste of His grace and glory as we encourage the body of Christ, even when it's not so easy.  It's never easy to approach suffering.  But the gifts He gives us..the strength in the battle....it's all Him.  I'm so proud of this family.  Something i feel we need to hear often during this time.  To give our bodies so completely to the Lord, and to have the life that grew within us..to have to hand that life back to the Lord, as He has asked...may seem impossible.  But God makes all things new!  And we get to witness that in faith...our girls have been made new.  Nikki, i am so proud of you.  I am so humbled to call you friend.  I hope you can heal as we walk together....United in Christ.

4 comments:

  1. I know that helping others has really helped me in my healing. I love how you are so encouraging and faithful. You are a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story of baby JoJo. I just went to her moms blog and read and wept and rejoiced..I love you today! She is blessed to have YOU..just as we are!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I totally missed this post when it came up. You are so very sweet. Thanks for helping me through all of this. It's not an easy road by any means, but it's not one I would change for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have something for you. Can you email me at caring4carleigh@yahoo.com so I can send it to you?

    ReplyDelete